Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Best 10 Angel Fights

And following on, my favourite 10 Angel fights

1. Lindsey vs. Angel and Cordy - You're Welcome
I am a huge fan of Lindsey, which is probably why he came first. We'd always thought Lindseywas some whiny little lawyer guy with a amputated hand until he disappeared. And then guess who comes back and kicks Angel's butt! I was so happy when he came back and he really does hand Angel his ass at one point. My favvy.

Best Moment: The sword getting bigger


2. Spike vs Angel - Destiny
Spike vs. Angel. Always the best, most delectable fights. Helped by flashbacks, Spike finally beats his grandsire at brutal combat after a scare. Spike, instead o being funny and Britsh, is all serious here and thats what attracted me to the fight. Plus the choreography is AMAZING!

Best Moment: Definitely the speech by Spike.


3. Angel and Connor vs. Hamilton
Now that was the best! Angel gets beaten to a pulp and then Connor comes along and helps. And their opponent? The luscious Adam Baldwin, dressed in a suit, barely lifts a finger. He pounces about doing his speech and throwing Angel down a few levels onto the ground, smacking Connor away. I loved those angles.

Best Moment: "Can you pick out that one word you probably shouldn't have said?!"


4. Angel Crew vs. Puppets
This is so high up because its so hilarious and unusual. Angel as a puppet is absolutely adorable! And they're taking on a bunch of foam-filled material sacks with features. If it wasn't so Joss, I would not have listed it. But I love it!

Best Moment: When Angel Puppet becomes Puppet Vampire.


5. Angel vs Angelus
Purely mystical but a joy to watch. I feel so sorry for Faith at this point when she gets in his mind. There's some hilarious stuff but I loved the fact that David did such a good job. One of my all-time favvies.

Best Moment: "Maybe because its not all about you...Jackass."


6. Illyria vs Gang - Shells
Illyria shows how awesome she is and kicks their asses. Enough said.

Best Moment: Wesley shoots Knox.


7. Lindsey vs. Angel - Epiphany
Lindsey, sledge hammer and a pickup truck, mad with love over Darla. I love Lindsye and he just seems so...forlorn. He actually manages to beat the poor vampire up and does it well, for the most part. But poor Lindsey never seems to learn that Angel will win.

Best Moment: The sledgehammer belting.


8. Faith vs Angel - Five By Five
In my opinion, the best non vamp knock out, drag down fight. The fact that she comes with a deathwish looking for Angel to kill her for what she did really adds an edge of vulnerability to the scene. And when he has her in his arms in the rain, its so sad!

Best Moment: In the rain

9. Faith vs Beast/Angelus
I tied these two because I love Faith and Eliza played this so well. Such quick thinking on her part and she really gets belted up so bad its not funny. Wesley does an admirable job but the scene is all Faith and Angelus. I love those two... *sigh*

Best Moment: Angelus getting spiked/Angelus stabbing the Beast


10. The Last Fight scenes
I cried so much when Wesley and Lindsey dies! The last few scenes were so heart-wrenching I took a day to recover since it seemed they all died. Watch it and see.

Best Moment: Illyria and Wesley

No comments:

Post a Comment